4:44 PM Comment0 Comments

The best thing about this station, which I have been listening to for about six years now, is the Dave Glover show. It airs Mon-Fri 4-7pm and replays a 'best of' on Saturday from 4-7pm. Otherwise you have Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Jamie Allman, Michael Savage and other news people that I can't stand. The station's slogan is 'younger.smarter.better' and they are.

Located in St. Louis, the Dave Glover show features offbeat guests, crazy sidekicks (Terbrock - my fave, whom I met), frequent audience participation, live broadcasts from special places(Lemp Mansion, haunted places), and my faves, Battle of the Halfwits, Sweet 16 and Paranormal Tuesday.

Dave, when you hear him, sounds like he'd be this dashing, tall, dark and handsome gentlemen. Infact he used to be a serious, high-paid lawyer for years and quit to do radio. When you see his picture you'll freak. He's about 5'7 or so, bald with a go-tee, wears Hawaiian shirts and is goofy as the day is long. He just never shuts up! But he definitely keeps the laughter coming for the duration of the show.

One of my favorite shows is where Dave was discussing the odd news of the week. Apparently a small town somewhere had a goat born with human features. (The first animal born from beastiality?) Of course he accused the farmer...but the impressions he did were classic. I swear. "No officer, I swear I never touched that goat."
He then finished the odd stories of the week with a fashion designer doing a line of clothes based on The Hobbit. Cause who wants to wear stuff from the Shire?

In St. Louis, we don't have much to do. But every afternoon coming home from work, we know we can depend on Dave to make the day a little better. Actually, I've heard people call in to say they're laughing so hard they almost drove off the side of the road. I've felt the same way! Dave gets on a roll and doesn't quit.

DAVE, I GET IT.

:+:Ratings:+:
Likes - Terbrock's laugh, Halloween Shows, classic rock in between commercials, Catholic Fish Schmackdown, funny tv/movie quotes
Dislikes - seriousness on the show, Jamie Allman, registration to listen, 7:01pm

Click HERE to listen.
Click HERE for a fan site.

0 comments:

Post a Comment